The purpose of governance is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
|Full Governing Body||Date of Appointment||Type of Appointment||2017-2018 Attendance||
Sarfraz Ali Chair
|Lynn Williams (Headteacher)||01/09/2016||Headteacher Ex Officio||3/3||1/3|
|David Jupp||19/05/2016||Foundation Appointed by Voice Trust||3/3||1/3|
|John McKee||08/09/2016||Staff Governor||3/3||1/3|
|Rev Alex Munro||12/09/2018||Co-opted||N/A||1/3|
Edward Palmer Vice Chair
Foundation Appointed by Voice Trust
|Laura Squires||04/12/2017||Parent Governor||3/3||1/3|
|Lisa Gill (Clerk)||13/09/2017||Clerk||3/3||1/3|
|Richard Harwood||Resigned 20/09/2018|
|Kathy Barkway||Resigned 10/07/2018|
|Resources Committee||2017-2018 Attendance||2018 - 2019 Attendance|
|Dave Jupp (Chair)||2/3||2/3|
|Rev Alex Munro||2/3|
|Pupils Learning, Assessment and Teaching||2017-2018 Attendance||2018 - 2019 Attendance|
|Edward Palmer (Chair)||3/3||2/3|
|Brianne Vally (Vice Chair)||2/3||2/3|
|Register of Interests||Business/Pecuniary Interests||Other Governance Roles||Relationship between governors/staff|
|Sarfraz Ali (Vice Chair of Governors)||Acquaintance of Mr Hams, Elite Sporting Provision||None||None|
|Dave Jupp||Family member is a Governor at a local school||None||None|
|Bernadette Lyons||Transport provider for Surrey County Council||None||None|
|Alex Munro||Has a hall hire agreement with the school||None||None|
|Lynn Williams (Headteacher)||
Family member works at Talk 4 Writing Partner School
|Governor at an out of authority Primary School||None|