PARENTAL SUPPORT ADVISOR
My name is Jill Edwards and I am the Parental Support Advisor at Chandlers Field Primary School.
My role is to support you with any worries or concerns you may have about your children or home circumstances while your children are at this school.
Being a parent can be the most rewarding job in the world, but at times it can also be the hardest. Sometimes we just need some support and asking for help should be seen as a sign of parents being responsible and not of failure.
During term time I will work in partnership with parents/carers, school and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce barriers to learning, attendance and prevent future difficulties.
Before I work with your child I will ask you for consent. I may seek your permission to share information with staff at the school or with other agencies.
Who can I help?
- Children who are withdrawn or anxious
- Parents/carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents/carers whose children are not attending school or have been excluded
- Parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life, eg. Illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement and financial difficulties
- Parents/carers who would like help and advice with filling in forms such as school admissions, free school meals, special educational needs, housing, benefits etc.
How can you reach me?
You can call me on: 020 8224 4731
You can email me at: Jill.email@example.com
You can fill in the form on the attached leaflet and leave it at the School Office
I’m at school every day (term time) between 8.00am – 3.50pm and available to speak to daily when dropping off and/or collecting your child by the school gate.
Parental Support Advisor Leaflet
Family Information Service - Surrey County Council (surreycc.gov.uk)
Surrey Adult Learning offers FREE workshops to help you create a better family life. Further information can be found on their website and in the following documents.