At Chandlers Field Primary School, we want to ensure that our children are involved in keeping fit, staying active and get inspired by sport. We aim to deliver a high standard of Physical Education lessons across the whole school in order for all pupils to achieve. We want to promote the #yeswecan attitude towards keeping active in all our pupils.
The Government has provided all schools with extra finance in order to support and develop the sports curriculum and increase active participation. At Chandlers Field, we intend to use our funding to:
- Provide staff with professional development across a broad range of active sports.
- Provide teachers with a planning scheme which develops the child’s progression of skills.
- Increase the school’s participation in the School Games programme.
- Run or enter more sports competitions.
- Provide external clubs across the whole school.
- Provide transport to help the school attend sporting events.
- Organise healthy living workshops and promote a growth mindset in our children.
- Order and update our sport equipment to ensure high quality lessons take place.
- Create an Outdoor gym area in the school playground to encourage keeping fit.
- Partner with local schools in organisation of district competitions.
At CFS we aim to deliver a high standard of physical education across the school to enable all pupils to achieve.
What is Sports Premium?
In 2013 all schools were provided with an extra finance from the government for two academic years (2013-14, 2014-15), this money is ring fenced and therefore can only be spent on physical education. The funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport to improve teaching and learning of sport.
How much funding will CFS will receive?
Academic year 2013-14: £9,560
Academic year 2014-15: £9,590
Academic year 2015-16: £9,590
Academic year 2016-17 £9,650
Funding Report 2014-2015
- Teachers were provided with training in Dance where a specialist came in to work with children and teachers.
- Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD) trained teachers in outdoor adventure activities.
- New P.E. t-shirts for sporting events.
- World Cup Programme for year 5 and 6 pupils (Fulham Football Club)
- High quality equipment replaced including new football goals.
- Costs of coaches to competitive events.
- Professional Rugby coaches from Schools Rugby Academy running tag rugby club for year 4, 5 and 6.
- Fulham FC Health Champions for year 5 and 6 to promote healthy lifestyle.
- Licence purchased for Cyber Coach Dance Programme which is a website that motivates and engages children in dance at any time of the day.
Funding Report 2015-2016
- Cyber Coach Dance subscription to continue-all year groups
- Professional Rugby coaches from Schools Rugby Academy to continue to run for years 3 and 4
- Aerobics sessions at lunchtimes to continue for years R-6
- PE co-ordinator to be given opportunities to monitor and assess the Teaching and Learning in PE across the school
- CPD for teachers in house-team teaching focus with external professionals and coaches
- Fulham FC to support years 5 and 6 Football Team
- Fit Club years 3, 4, 5 and 6